Anyone interested in this conference in London at the end of November? It is rather expensive!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mining Communications" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 12 October 2004 12:46
Subject: Mines and Money Speaker Announcement

> Dear Roger
>
> I am delighted to announce that Michael Savory, the current Chairman of HSBC Stockbrokers and the
new Lord Mayor of London, will be a headline speaker at the forthcoming Mining Journal Mines and
Money World Congress taking place from 30th November to 2nd December 2004 at the London West Hotel
and Convention Centre.

> Michael is fifth-generation stockbroker, his great-great-Grandfather having founded Foster &
Braithwaite, and was elected to the position of Lord Mayor last month. He will be joined by a host
of respected industry figures, including Sir Sam Jonah of AngloGold Ashanti and Dr Mark Bristow of
Randgold.

> Full details of the agenda and information about how to attend Mines and Money can be found on our
website, www.minesandmoney.com http://www.minesandmoney.com. Mines and Money will also see the
inclusion of the highly successful Mining Journal Outstanding Achievement Awards, and the
introduction of two new features; the Nickel Day and the Recruitment Fair.

> Guests to the 2003 Outstanding Achievement Awards enjoyed a night of networking and entertainment,
with a number of mining industry individuals and organisations being recognised for their successes
over that year. This year's event will follow a similar format and we would like to invite you to
make nominations. Full details of the award categories are in this week's Mining Journal and also on
our website where you can also nominate your chosen achiever online.

> The Nickel Day, taking place on the 30th November, is the first of a series of focused mining
seminars, and will enable delegates to hear sponsor presentations from 8 nickel producers including
Western Areas, Heron Resources, Independence Group and Allegiance Mining. Delegates to this session
may attend free of charge. This event is limited to 200 delegates, and interested parties should go
to our website or contact me to register.

> The Recruitment Fair, taking place on the 1st-2nd December, is a new and unique addition to a
mining conference in the UK open to conference delegates and final-year university students and
graduates in mining related subjects. Further information about this feature is on our website,
however, if you would like to discuss participation as an employer, please contact me.