Hello All,

I'm a little stuck with a subject access request I've received, which I
hope you'll be able to provide some guidance.

An ex out-of-hours Social Worker has requested a copy of the Foster Home
Review because he considers that it hold negative comments about him which
could affect any future Social Work he will provide.  The comments on the
report are provided by the Foster Carer, who has been in a known
relationship with the Social Worker.  The relationship broke down
acrimoniously.

We have previously dealt with a subject access request from the Social
Worker.  The Foster Worker at the time expressly refused the disclosure of
records as it was felt that it would have a detrimental affect on the
family.

The Social Worker requests the information as he has stated that the
Foster Worker has referred to the report in a letter sent to various
independent Carer Agencies which commented on the Social Workers
professional misconduct.

Should we with-hold the information using SI 415?

Would you disclose the information?

With kind regards,

Julie Davenport
Data Protection Adviser