[log in to unmask] wrote:
> James's remark "You response is hardly even worth of notice," was clearly
> directed squarely at me, not at what others don't do, and that makes it a
> gratuitous insult in my book.

My remark that your response is hardly even worthy of notice is
an objective characterization your *statement* and not about
you.  It only becomes about *you* if you begin to insist that your
statement really was of enormous significance.  It was rather
obviously irrelevant to the present thread since no proposed
solution to the issue of specifying KIND for literals handles
implicitly interfaced procedures any better than any other
proposal.

If you can't distinguish opposition to your statements from opposition
to *you*, you are bound to be insulted by everything sooner or later.

--
J. Giles