Hello Chris

I'm not aware of any flavour of the eGMS that has concentrated on
photographs but I'd also like to learn about it if there is one.

Are you aware of the European SEPIA project? -
http://www.knaw.nl/ecpa/sepia/

Their cataloguing working group has come up with 'SEPIADES Recommendations
for cataloguing photographic collections' - see
http://www.knaw.nl/ecpa/sepia/workinggroups/wp5/cataloguing.html - look for
the 'final report' PDF halfway down the page.

The nice thing about SEPIADES is that it is based on ISAD (so should site
nicely alongside archival metadata) and is explicitly mapped to Dublin Core
(so should be possible to map or shape to comply with the eGMS
requirements).

I'm very interested to learn what others think of SEPIADES and whether
anyone is trying to implement it.

Best wishes

Grant

Grant Young, [log in to unmask]
Technical Research Officer
TASI - Technical Advisory Service for Images
Free help, advice and guidance for the
Further and Higher Education sector
http://www.tasi.ac.uk/
A JISC Service