Dear Colleagues,

Please pass the information on our consultation meetings to anyone you
think would be interested in attending.

Have Your Say - Revised Regional Archive Development Strategy 2004-7

What do you think a regional archive strategy should be about?

Over the last few months SEMLAC has been working on a draft revised
Regional Archive Development Strategy 2004-7 "Relating Our Relevance" which
is now available on the SEMLAC website
http://www.semlac.org.uk/archives.html   We want to hear from as many
people as possible who are involved in using or working with, and for,
archives in the region.

We also want to celebrate the work that archives are doing in the region in
the strategy and make it come alive. We need your help to do this.  If you
have a case study to suggest from your organisation, please take 5 minutes
to fill in our case study template which is also available on our website
as per the link above.

To hear your views on the strategy, SEMLAC is organising a consultation
seminar, one in each of the sub-regions of the South East. We hope many of
you will be able to join us.

The consultation dates are as follows:

Thursday 13 May
The Gurkha Museum, Peninsula Barracks, Romsey Road, Winchester, SO23 8TS
1000-1400

Tuesday 18 May
The Achilles Room, Chatham Historic Dockyard, ME4 4TZ
1000-1400

Thursday 20 May
Education Pavilion, Brighton Museum & Art Gallery, Royal Pavilion Gardens,
Brighton BN1 1EE
1000-1400

Thursday 27 May
River & Rowing Museum, Mill Meadows, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 1BF
1000-1400

At each meeting lunch will be served between 1300 -1400.

To book a place at one of the seminars, please contact Caroline Eade,
[log in to unmask] or 01962 858834.

The consultation period will end on Friday 28th May 2004.  Please send your
comments on the strategy to Katie Norgrove, Freelance Archive Development
Officer [log in to unmask] or call 07899 987810 for a discussion

The strategy will be finalised and circulated by the end June 2004.

Kind regards,

Caroline Eade
Development & Marketing Co-ordinator
South East Museum, Library & Archive Council (SEMLAC)
15 City Business Centre, Hyde Street
Winchester SO23 7TA
DDI: 01962 858834
Fax: 01962 878439
www.semlac.org.uk

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended only for the
addressee(s).  If you have received it in error please notify the sender
and erase it from your records.  You may not use or copy it to anyone else.

SEMLAC may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current
legislation.  We have taken care to screen this outgoing e-mail for
viruses, but it is your responsibility to carry out checks when receiving
it.  SEMLAC will not accept liability for any damage caused by a virus.