-----Original Message-----
From: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Monica Weikert
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 10:08 AM
To: Cormack, Margaret Jean
Subject: Re: saints and images

Dear Margaret,

I'm so sorry for not having replied earlier. I am about to finish my
thesis and when I received your mail I was in a hectic period and then
it ended up further back in my mailbox and forgotten. I have turned in
my thesis to one of the professors to read, the last check before
handing it in to the publisher, so now I am a bit more relaxed and I'm
trying to catch up. That's why I found your mail. from what it looks
now, I'll be defending my thesis towards the end of february. Could you
please send me your postal address so that I can send you a book when
time comes? If you're interested, that is. Don't feel obliged.

I think the professor you are thinking of is Robert (Bob) Scribner. He
has done a lot of work on the german reformation and had written some
very interesting texts. He used to be at Harvard but unfortunately he
passed away a few years ago.

Again, so sorry for the long delay. Will be quicker next time.

Best regards
Monica

fredagen den 10 oktober 2003 kl 20.21 skrev Cormack, Margaret Jean:

> medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and
> culture
>
> Dear Monika,
>         I'm back at work on saints, vows, and the Reformation. There
> is plenty of stuff here about the ENGLISH reformation, but I'm trying
> to find out more about what went on in the Lutheran world. As I
> recall, we briefly discussed a professor (perhaps in the Philadelphia
> area, when
> you were applying for your grant?) who has published a couple books on
> something like the
> continuity of cult, catholic survivals, or something like that. As I
> recall he was a very
> well-known figure, I just can't remember his name!
> How are things going with you?
> Margaret

> to: [log in to unmask]
> to: [log in to unmask]