In some churches, perhaps primarily abbatial, Christmas Eve is the feast
of Adam.
MG

> Today (24. December) is the feast day of:
>
> martyrs of Antioch (d. 250)  This is a group of 40 unmarried women,
> martyred in the reign of Decius.
>
> Tarsilla (d. c. 581)  Tarsilla was Pope Gregory the Great's aunt, a sister
> of St. Emiliana.  T. lived an ascetic life in her family home.
>
> Mochua (Cuan) (d. c. 657)  Mochua (an affectionate form of the name Cuan)
> was from Connaught, Ireland.  He was a warrior before becoming a monk.  As
> a monk he made up for lost time, though, founding monasteries at Timahoe
> (Co. Laois) and Derinish (Co. Cavan).
>
> Adela of Pfalzel (d. c. 734)  Adela was, according to legend, a daughter
> of
> the Frankish king Dagobert II.  After she was widowed, she founded the
> convent of Pfalzel (near Trier) and became its first abbess.
>
> Dr. Phyllis G. Jestice

> to: [log in to unmask]
> to: [log in to unmask]

This email was sent using FREE Catholic Online Webmail.
http://webmail.catholic.org/

Celebrate Advent with Catholic Online. Support our Advent
sponsors by visiting them at http://www.catholic.org/clife/advent/specials.php

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]