From:   Robert Day [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   01 December 2003 15:21
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        WHSmith People's Choice Book Awards website

I just checked out the webpage for the Smiths awards as authorities are
being encouraged to link to it from the default page on their PN terminals.
The page is a holding page mentioning that the site proper will be available
in January. However I was a little perturbed by a popup window that appeared
featuring the WHS retail website on the loading of the page. I realise that
WHS need some kickback for their work and funding elsewhere in the awards
but would have thought branding and links on the awards page itself would
suffice. A popup such as this leads me to wonder if people will think our
link to the awards page is in some way indicative of a recommendation for
WHS the retailer.
To compound the problem the design of the page is such that the back button
is disabled and the page reloads when attempting to go back. I appreciate
there is a link that can be clicked to take you back but I just think
breaking something as fundamental to usability as the back button should not
be done.
Robert Day
ICT Manager
Cambridgeshire Libraries

This e-mail is confidential and is intended only for the person(s)
named above.   If you are not the intended addressee it is requested
that you do not copy, distribute or rely on the information contained
within the e-mail, as such action may be unlawful.

If it has reached you by mistake then please call 01628 798888 to
let us know or notify us by e-mail and then delete the message.

Thank you for your help

http://www.rbwm.gov.uk