I was recently called upon to give a presentation on health promotion leaflets to people who are actually already using them in an Acute Trust.  I found it interesting to discover the different approaches of staff - some using our local service to supply them, some obtaining them themselves and one person contacting a well-known cereal company (whose leaflets she rated highly).

I thought that using a company's leaflets might be frowned upon and wondered whether there were any guidelines on this. My colleague believes that there are but thinks that they were produced before the "NHS electronic dawn".  Can anyone shed any light on this - provide a reference or full-text copy by e-mail of any guidelines would be ideal of course!

Many thanks,
Lynne Nurcombe
Amber-Valley PCT