Ash,
       You have to stamp on this sort of behaviour now before it becomes
established. Our callback criteria are : - Major trauma (on ambulalnce
notification or on arrival), Unstable medical patient following initial
resus, Sick kids, Dept unsafe (ie traige 1 and 2 exceeding times),
Political/Administrative crisis. Call-back can be initiated by Senior nurse
or Registrar. It is a new addition that the senior nurse can call us back
(about 2 months) and despite some panic this would increase our callbacks it
hasnt happened and all callbacks have been sensible. I wouldnt tolerate your
situation.

Craig

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !