The next meeting of the Local Government Group will take place on Wednesday
January 14th 2004 at the Westminster Archives Centre. For directions to the
Westminster Archives Centre please see www.westminster.gov.uk libraries and
archives section.

The agenda is as follows:

10am - Coffee and welcome

10:30am - Demonstration by Valid. For more information see www.valinf.com

11:30am - Comfort and coffee break

11:45am - David Aspinall will speak on selling Freedom of Information to
management.

12:45 (approx) - Lunch - a sandwich lunch will be provided

13:30 - Break out session to air issues around the implementation of
freedom of information and to share solutions

14:30 - LGG meeting to include retention guidelines review process, the
creation of a web site for records management documents, update on
classification schemes and school records retention

15:45 - Date of next meeting

If you would like to attend this meeting please contact me on
[log in to unmask] Preference will be given to RMS members so
please state whether or not you're a member as you contact me.

Details about joining the RMS can be found at www.rms-gb.org.

I look forward to hearing from people.