Hello,

We have a large number of interviews to digitise.  The quality for many is low, so the time required for scanning, OCR and editing is high.  We are exploring the alternative of having them re-keyed.  We need to find a low-cost provider, however, we also want to ensure that we are not condoning exploitative working conditions.  Does anyone have services to recommend or advice in this matter?  Thank you.

Libby

Libby Bishop, Ph.D.

Senior Qualitative Data Resources Officer

Qualidata - UK Data Archive - Economic and Social Data Service

University of Essex

Wivenhoe Park, ColchesterCO4 3SQ   UK

+ 44 (0) 1206 872664

www.esds.ac.uk/qualidata

Legal Disclaimer: Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily those
of the
UK Data Archive or the ESDS. This Email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed.