Today 10:45am, John Brennan wrote:

> Hi all,
> I was wondering if anybody knows of (or knows someone who might of) a
> computer package that would allow me to present a particular stimulus to a
> participant and record their reaction time (ideally a free one that I could
> download off the internet) but any suggestions at all would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks a million.
> John Brennan.

For millisecond accurate timing on a Windows machine, I can recommend
DMDX. It is used by the Cambridge MRC-CBU and by many other psychology
departments worldwide, and can be synced to fMRI output if need be. Plus
it is free and can be downloaded from the Internet, as requested :) You
will need to learn how to write a script for your experiment, but it isn't
too hard, and for your purposes you can probably adapt an existing script
from Mike Ford's webpage.

Download DMDX from: http://psy1.psych.arizona.edu/~jforster/dmdx.htm

Nicholas Gibson

--
Psychology and Religion Research Programme
Faculty of Divinity, University of Cambridge

tel +44 (0)1223 763010 · fax +44 (0)1223 763003
http://www.divinity.cam.ac.uk/pcp/personnel/nicholas.html