Yes, Constable also did the little volume on letter collections in the
Typologie des sources medievales published by Brepols.  I have found it
very helpful.  Best, Megan

At 09:17 AM 11/10/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture
>
>i *believe* that Giles Constable has a general discussion of letter
>collections in the introduction to his fine edition of the letters of Peter
>the Venerable, which might be of help (for access to the previous secondary
>literature, at the least).
>
>also, did i see a little volume on letter collections in that recent and
>on-going Brepols series on "Sources du Moyen Age" (or something like that)?

Megan McLaughlin
Associate Professor of History and Women's Studies
Department of History, 309 Gregory Hall
810 South Wright Street
Urbana, Illinois  61801  U.S.A.
Phone:  217-244-2084