With sincere apologies for cross-posting, here is a Final Call for
Papers. Please note that the deadline is final, and very close.

Looking forward to reading your abstracts,

Mirna Cicioni

This is the final call for papers for MURDER AND MAYHEM IN THE MARE
NOSTRUM, an international conference devoted to crime and detective film
and fiction set in the Mediterranean or from any country bordering the
Mediterranean.

Organised by Manchester Metropolitan University and Monash University,
the event will take place at Monash's Florence campus, Italy, 5-7 July
2004.

Possible topics include:

·       Anglo-American representations of crime in the Mediterranean
·       Feminist reconfigurations of the genre
·       Gender issues in crime fictions and film: ie the femme fatale
and the crisis of masculinity
·       Intercultural dialogues
·       National and regional crime fictions and film (French, Israeli,
Italian, North African, Portuguese, Spanish, etc.)
·       True crime narratives

Please submit abstracts by 24th November 2003 to

For full details please see our website at:

http://www.arts.monash.edu.au/lcl/conferences/murder_mayhem/

Dr Mirna Cicioni
Italian Studies Program
School of Languages, Cultures and Linguistics
Monash University, Clayton Campus
Victoria 3800, AUSTRALIA

Tel. 61-3-9905-2212
Fax  61-3-9905-5437

To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME
to: [log in to unmask]
To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies
to: [log in to unmask]
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html