AT North Yorkshire we have not recieved anything as a result of this. However, we have been in contact with local group who research such things and they are quite willing to share their data, the problem has been trying to get it in a format we can use (eg they recorded using place names and we really need Grid Refs) but they are happily working on it for us

best wishes

Nick Boldrini
SMR Computing Officer
Heritage Unit
North Yorkshire County Council
Direct Dial (01609) 532331
http://www.northyorks.gov.uk/environment/heritage.shtm#Archaeology

North Yorkshire County Council has the right
and does inspect E-Government mails sent
from and to its computer system.

>>> [log in to unmask] 27/11/2003 09:47:19 >>>
You will all no doubt be aware of the Crash Sites Guidance Note, produced by EH a year ago, advising on the significance of crashed military aircraft and suggesting procedures and protocols for their investigation, management and (in select cases) protection. One of the key points was to establish best practice principles and persuade the aviation archaeology community to adhere to these. One aspect of this was the recommendation that the records of any excavations are passed to the local SMR/HER.

A year on and we are interested in establishing how successful this Guidance has been. It would therefore be helpful to hear from you (and answers perhaps off list, unless there's a more general point to be made) the extent to which information has been passed to you over the past year, and whether you have noticed a significant increase on previous years. If it is possible to quantify this that would be helpful too.

If information is forthcoming (and I have also contacted the British Aviation Archaeological Council, NMR and the RAF Personnel Management Agency - who issue licences for excavation) I will compile a summary report and circulate it to the List.

With thanks.

John

WARNING

This E-mail and any attachments may contain information that is confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Any opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily the view of the Council.

North Yorkshire County Council.