All: In case anyone hasn't seen this yet.  Topics ripe for a DS critique.
Contact info is at end of call.

JC

>Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 12:13:21 +0000
>From: Alex Naylor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: UPDATE: Mutation and Mutability (grad) (UK) (12/31/03; 3/4/04)
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>  [log in to unmask] using -f
>
>UPDATE: Please note that the deadline for submissions is now 31
>December 2003.
>
>"Mutation and Mutability: Encounters with Change"
>
>Second Annual University College London Postgraduate Conference
>Institute of English Studies, University of London, 4 March 2004
>
>This year the University College London Postgraduate conference focuses
>on _Mutation and Mutability_: individuals, cultures, and the arts
>encountering change. We investigate how change is contested or
>celebrated; received as monstrous, traumatic, cataclysmic; revelatory,
>revolutionary, evolutionary. Likewise we examine how spatial, generic
>and formal mutations relate to temporal instability and ephemerality.
>
>We invite proposals for papers in the fields of Literature, Film
>Studies, and Cultural Studies.
>
>Suggested topics for papers might include, but are not
>limited to, the following:
>
>- the mutation of genre(s)
>- bodily mutation and change
>- cultural monstrosity
>- bodily mutation and horror cinema
>- the mutability of form
>- mutable identities and personae
>- the mutation of theory
>- digital cinema and the mutable frame
>- impermanence and dissolution
>- the mutable academy
>- mutation and trauma: the psyche
>- revisionism and the mutability of history
>- change v. reiteration
>- hypertext as mutable form
>- toward complexity/simplicity, order/disorder
>
>We are seeking 250 word proposals for 20 minute papers.
>
>The deadline for submission is: 31 December 2003.
>Please send to:
>
>Alternatively, submissions can be posted to:
>UCL Postgraduate Conference, c/o Aimee Stoffel
>Department of English Language and Literature
>University College London
>Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT

>                        Full Information at
>                 http://www.english.upenn.edu/CFP/
>           or write Erika Lin: [log in to unmask]
>          ===============================================

Johnson Cheu, Ph.D.
http://people.english.ohio-state.edu/cheu.1
The Ohio State University, Dept. of English
421 Denney Hall, 164 W. 17th. Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
(614) 292-1730 (Office); (614) 292-6065 (Dept.); (614) 292-7816 (Fax)
Curriculum Consultant, LEND Program
http://medicine.osu.edu/LEND
Nisonger Center, 357H  McCampbell Hall
The Ohio State University
1581 Dodd Drive, Columbus, OH 43210
(614) 292-5482 (Office); (614) 292-3727 (Fax)

are now located at: