From: Andrews, Ken [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 27 November 2003 11:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CLEA-

Hello all,

I have a situation where a developer has imported soil with a mean value for
lead of 378 mg/kg and a 95th percentile of 480.24 mg/kg which is above the
450 SGV value.  The developer is arguing that the SGV value is obtained
applying the geometric mean of soil concentration across the site.( table
3.2 SGV 10 ( pg 14 )  and if the geometric mean is used for his sampling
result then those values will be much lower than the SGV so the soil is
acceptable.

Can anyone comment on this argument

Thanks

Ken

Southwark Council routinely monitors the content of e-mail sent and received
via its network for the purposes of ensuring compliance with its policies
and procedures.

Employees must not store or send electronic material that uses un-authorised
encryption, contains program files, is obscene, indecent, sexist, racist,
defamatory, abusive, in breach of copyright, or otherwise inappropriate.
Electronic material of this nature sent in or out of the Council's network,
or electronic material found containing a virus, may be intercepted and
stopped by the system.

Southwark Council is not responsible for any changes made to the message
after it has been sent. Where opinions are expressed, they are not
necessarily those of Southwark Council.

This e-mail and any files transferred with it are confidential and intended

If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for
delivering it to them, you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use
it or any part of it in any way. To do so may be unlawful. If you receive
this e-mail by mistake, please advise the sender immediately.

All enquiries relating to this policy should be directed to the
[log in to unmask] on behalf of Southwark Council Town Hall
Complex, 31 Peckham Road, London, SE5 8UB Tel: 020 7525 5000

www.mimesweeper.com

http://www.star.net.uk

http://www.star.net.uk