I agree with John Cundall, try using the RBCA methodology.
Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Detheridge [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 05 November 2003 16:42
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Commercial Development on Hydrocarbon Contaminated Soils

Has anyone dealt with a commercial development (offices, health center,
large retail outlets) on hydrocarbon contaminated soils? If so what
values for TPH have you accepted?

The developer is arguing that as he is hard surfacing the whole area,
he will be mitigating any pathway for contaminants, although i am still
concerned for hydrocarbon vapours. I understand that hydrocarbons would
be more volatile  for lower chain hydrocarbons such as PRO so would it
be more appropriate to assess the site according to hydrocarbon
fractions? If so, what values has anyone been using for hydrocarbon
fractions bearing in mind that the site is to be hardsurfaced with a
commercial end use and that hydrocarbon vapours are the main concern?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you to all those who responded to my previous query, also
concerning hydrocarbons.

The information contained in this transmission may be
confidential and may also be the subject of legal
professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, disclosure or copying of any part of this transmission
is unauthorised. If you have received this transmission in
error, please notify the originator immediately.

www.southoxon.gov.uk

Liverpool City Council Legal Disclaimer

the system manager.

Please note that this email message has been checked  for
the presence of computer viruses.