Dear All,
I have pasted below a flyer and an application form for a meeting on
Integrating wetland hydrology and ecology in the UK.  This meeting is
co-sponsored by the British Hydrological Society, the British Ecological
Society, the Environment Agency and the Centre for Ecology and
Hydrology.  The BES are offering support through the student support
scheme.  I will be placing the official form on the MRG website in the
near future.
Best wishes,
Deborah Pearce
MRG secretary

Integrating wetland hydrology and ecology in the UK

Wednesday 31st March 2004, 1000 hrs at

The Institution of Civil Engineers, One Great George Street, London
(nearest tube: Westminster)

Wetlands are increasingly recognized as important elements of the UK
landscape; regulating the hydrological cycle and providing habitats for
many species. Successful management of wetlands depends on understanding
of the hydrological and ecological processes.

Wetland research is a rapidly developing field in many universities and
scientific organisations and meeting the requirements for wetlands of
the EU Habitats and Water Framework Directives has been a key driver for
government agencies.

This meeting comprises presentations of wetland studies by UK
researchers including University of Sheffield, Open University, Royal
Holloway College, Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, WS Atkins, ENTEC,
RSPB and the Environment Agency.

A draft programme and further details are available from Mike Acreman,
CEH Wallingford  [log in to unmask]

The British Ecological Society has ear-marked funds to cover 50% of
costs for a limited number of students.  Contact Hazel Norman

The meeting will be suitable for Continuing Professional Development
purposes

Capacity at this meeting is limited and registrations will be confirmed
on a first-come first-served basis

Enquiries: BHS Secretary, Tim Fuller, c/o The Institution of Civil
Engineers, One Great George Street, Westminster, London SW1P 3AA  Email:
Tel: 020 7665 2234; Fax: 020 799 1234

Integrating wetland hydrology and ecology in the UK
31st March 2004 One Great George Street, London

IN CAPITAL LETTERS PLEASE
Title           Forename
Surname
Organisation
Address

Postcode                Tel
E-mail          Fax

Cost per delegate: (includes all refreshments)

BHS / BES Members (membership number: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  )        £30.00
Student/Non-earning     £15.00
Non members:    £40.00

Method of payment:

        I/We enclose a cheque for £__________________
(made payable to The Institution of Civil Engineers
        Please debit my Mastercard/Visa/**  card by
£________________________________

(**delete as applicable) (your account will debited in favour of the
ICE).

Card No:

Card Expiry Date                                      Cardholder Name

Cardholder Signature………………………………………

The British Hydrological Society is not for profit organisation and the
fees charged are for cost recovery only. In order to minimise
administration costs, we would be obliged to receive payment in advance.
Your remittance will be acknowledged by way of a confirmation letter,
with details of registration and location. We regret that no refunds
will be available for cancellations after 3rd November 2003, but
substitute delegates will be welcome. The Society is NOT registered for
VAT

Please complete, post or fax to: Tim Fuller, British Hydrological
Society at the Institution of Civil Engineers, One Great George Street,
London SW1P 3AA, fax 020 7799 1325 by no later than 19th March 2004. For
registration queries, please ring: 020 7665 2234