So do I Ray and we are on the shop floor till 8 in the evening with 3.5 consultants to help with the waits but some staff feel that the consultant on call is at their beck and call.

Ash
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Ray McGlone
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 1:28 PM
Subject: Re: consultant being called in

Although I'm a firm believer in Consultants being on the shopfloor and working outside office hours I've never gone in to specifically reduce the waiting time. That arrangement would be too open ended.

Certainly the only way to solve the problem of peaks of demand is to have staff available to come in at a moments notice...... but I don't see nursing staff volunteering for this.... and there are more nursing staff than doctors in A&E.

Ray McGlone
Lancaster