Hi,

I wonder if the practice of calling a consultant on-call into the department because of breaches happening throughout the country. Over the last week the consultant oncall has been called in on four nights because " it was thought by the nurse in charge that there might be breaches". To go into the department at 3 in the morning to find that there were 8 patients in the minors box and 2 in majors with 2 SHO's and a middle grade on the floor, was pretty ridiculous to me. Would be interested to know what the consensus on the list on this matter.

Ash Mukherjee