Thanks to all of you who responded on and off line. I thought it came into the category of a question easy to ask but difficult to answer sensibly. I am not even sure the asker would understand the differences between fractures. If we just give them figures they seem happy because everyone can tell the difference between big numbers and little numbers.
If nobody objects maybe I could just forward all of your responses??

Now,  NICE guidelines. Our Radiology manager  has agreed to most of the indications for scan within one hour but has objected to :-  a) Knocked out plus age>65
                                   b) Knocked out plus on anticlogs

Note that this is the manager  because the radiologists have so far declined even to talk about it.
How goes it in the rest of the country?