O.K. folks for all you transit advocates in the U.K. I am wondering does the
Disability Discrimination Act prohibit discrimination in the provision of
transportation sevices to disabled persons? Does this mean that the U.K.
folks all ride accessible buses? With the passage of teh ADA, accessibility
increased dramaticaly in the U.S.

In Canada, we now have a number of human rights cases arguing that inequity
in receipt of transit services is discrimination and should not be tolerated
in a fair and democratic society. The cases have been dragging on for more
than two years. If people are interested, please e-mail me off list and I
will refer you onward. Any help with info in the U.K. woould be greatly
appreciated. Lilith

are now located at: