Anne Prescott and I may have made our acquaintance with the FQ through the
same "Una and the Redcross Knight." Mine appeared in vol 5 of Olive Beaupre
Miller's _My Bookhouse_.  It is some 36 pages long and has really nice
illustrations (by Donn V. Crane), including one of the lion.

I don't know when I became aware of the story, but in 1935, when I graduated
to the second grade, the teacher asked us to report on something we had read
over the summer. I reported on "Una and the Red Cross Knight."

Now, how many, if any, of those 36 pages I actually read I don't remember.
My guess is that I was attracted by the marvelous illustrations of knights
on horseback. (I "read" Big Little Books via the illustrations and captions
on the left page.)

Does 68 years of work on  the FQ constitute a record?

Jim Broaddus