Hello, Melinda,

You might want to consider using another qualitative analysis program that
has a student version at affordable prices.  We offer a student version of
Qualrus (www.qualrus.com), for example, that is only $30 per student.  This
is the full program with no limitations on project size.  Students can do
everything that can be done with the full program except their student
version expires a month or two after the semester ends.

We have also been told students find Qualrus very easy to use.  Grant Blank
at American University in Washington D.C., for example, in a forthcoming
article in Social Science Computer Review, reports students could learn the
basics of Qualrus in as little as 30 minutes.

"A comparison of ease of learning comes from Este et al. (1998, p. 152) who
report that 'six hours of tutorials was mnot enough time for students to
become competent with the basic functions of NUD*IST (version 3.0).' I found
that 30 minutes sufficed for Qualrus."  (Blank, in press, "Teaching Analysis
of Qualitative Data," Social Science Computer Review.)

By the way, we can also arrange for your students to purchase the student
version and download it over the web at no extra charge and considerable
convenience.

I hope you find this information to be helpful.

Best regards,
Ed Brent

Edward Brent, Ph.D.
President, Idea Works, Inc.