I'm thinking of applying for a post- doc fellowship to Ohio State
University in 2004.  They can offer excellent residency and 24 hour
support through creative living.  However, I need personal care assistance
for daily hygiene needs, thesese are not supplied by creative living.

A problem may arise because I am an Australian citizen?

I shall quote a conversation with marilyn Frank Executive Director of
Creative Living:
Our residents get their personal care through Medicaid/Medicare which is
part of our social security system so there might be the problem.   We
have nothing to do with how each resident acquires their
attendants....independent living.  I believe their attendants turn in
their bill to an agency that probably gets reimbursed from the
government.   I have no idea how you would proceed with this.

Hopefully some Listers have suggestions?

Kindest  Regards, Peter

are now located at: