The future is very uncertain. I think that your concerns are justified and have not been addressed. I came away from one meeting thinking that the only way that the nation was going to comply with this is by shutting units at night, particularly where they are more dense (sic).

Difficult to see how a unit for example like Ray’s can close at night when there are no other local units to provide the cover. I suppose in some areas it may get left to nurses to signpost to specialties assuming they have enough staff to comply with reform of the SHO grade and EWTD.

Andy Webster