Maybe I just get passed the difficult ones that the SHOs fail on, then. I do get some to revert, as I
say, but I don't seem to have a great success. I think (and hope) my cardiology colleagues would
take me aside if I couldn't tell AF from SVT! Remember many patients attend with multiple episodes,
and tend to know themselves that they have reentrant pathways or whatever. A lot of reentrants
are resistant.

> Hang on a minute, if you're using up to 24 mg of adenosine, but
> failing, in
> 70% of your "SVT" patients, then I suggest that you're trying to convert
> something other than SVT! If the patients are "flatlining" then it
> can't be
> a ventricular rhythm, but it could be A-flutter or A-fib. A-flutter is
> very
> similar to SVT on ECG, and fast A-fib will appear "regular" on ECG as
> it's
> so difficult to detect minor degrees of irregularity in rates faster
> than
> 160-180 bpm.
>
> Adrian Fogarty

Best wishes,