Dear Colleagues,

Some time ago I sent out a CFP on The Films of Roberto Benigni for an edited volume that I'm currently putting together. I'm now renewing this CFP. I'm particularly interested in essays that explore the complex relationship between Benigni's films, the major forces that shaped his "art" (such as History, Dante, Commedia dell'Arte and Hollywood iconic comedians) and his appropriation (and occasional misappropriation) of these forces.

Completed essays should be about 7,000 wds. They can be in English, Italian or French.
To submit a completed essay, an abstract of 250 wds. minimum, or to get further information, please contact:

Deadline for abstracts: Oct. 10, 2003.

Grace Russo Bullaro
City University of New York
Lehman College
Bedford Pk. Blvd.
Bronx, NY 10468

To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME
to: [log in to unmask]
To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies
to: [log in to unmask]
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html