Hello

Our professor of European studies has suggested the library to get these
videos:

THE STATE OF EUROPE SERIES
>European integration is an important issue for public debate and discussion
>throughout the continent. The dynamic towards European integration has
>already gained the commitment of fifteen countries and participation in the
>process of creating a new Europe has become an attractive goal for many
>other countries. Presented by RTE broadcaster Eamonn Lawlor The State of
>Europe provides educational broadcasters with an opportunity to lead
>discussion on this important social and economic development. The project
>presents an opportunity to examine key issues relating to European
>integration which have a significant impact on the daily lives of people
>throughout Europe. The State of Europe explores issues and events relating
>to the origins, growth and future development of the European Union. It is
>built around 12 key themes identified by academic consultants to the
>project. Each theme is illustrated with two reports that provide vivid
>insights into the present state of European integration and its future.
>These reports, shot at relevant locations throughout Europe, form the core
>material for a series of programs that examines the extraordinary rapid
>development and evolution of European integration since the Second World War
>and explores its potential. This project is co-production between three
>European public broadcasters – R.T.E. (Ireland), Utbildningsradion (Sweden)
>and Teleac/NOT (The Netherlands). It was supported by the E.U. program
>Socrates and the E.U. Office, Washington.
>
>No. of Episodes: 12 X 30 minutes
>Language: English
>Produced by: Rte, Teleacnot & UR     Date: 2000
>VHS Code: #1394-31-100      PPR Price: $799 series US funds.

 I find the price very high, and wonder if there will be other videos about
EU, which I can suggest as an alternative.

I'll be very grateful if anyone of you has information about EU-videos.

Best wishes

Ragnhild Jensen
Agder university College
EDC/Library - Gimlemoen