The Graduate Journal of Social Science announces its second call for papers.
We are looking for papers by graduate students (Masters to Post-Doc) with a focus on interdisciplinary methodology in the social science (see below and www.gjss.org <http://www.gjss.org> for details). Discussion papers, book reviews, conference reviews are also welcome.

Deadline for submission is the 24th of November, 2003. All details on the modalities of submission are to be found at www.gjss.org <http://www.gjss.org>. Also watch out for our first issue, to be published in November 2003.

GJSS publications are expected to investigate methodological issues of interdisciplinary relevance (that is, explicitly or implicitly concerning at
least two social sciences). Social science methodology is understood to encompass all analytic, theoretical, interpretive, instrumental and physical
tools used for the acquisition of empirical data in research.

Contributors can draw upon quantitative issues (e.g. the choice of measurement indicators, the production and use of statistics, the relevance
of quantitative data gathered by the natural sciences) and qualitative ones (including for instance the use of narrative and discourse analysis; the
meaning, practice and value of objectivity in field work and interpretation; the role of the social scientist as subject of the investigation and
bearer/creator of knowledge). Essays will also be welcomed regarding the interplay between knowledge production/ interpretation and methodology, the
possibility of maintaining a distinction between normative and descriptive research and the (possibility/impossibility of) interaction between natural
and social science methodologies.

For further information, please see our website or contact [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Ward Rennen
PhD Candidate
University of Amsterdam
Faculty of Humanities, Department of Media and Culture
Nieuwe Doelenstraat 16
1012 CP Amsterdam
'The Netherlands
Phone: +31-205257281