Its part of linguistic subculture innit. like all this discussion about
ebonics and the language of the "hood"

don't expect me to speak like a LA gansta rapper, but do expect me to speak
english as it is spoken on the streets and in communities where disabled
people gather in the UK.

"bloody" academics missing the obvios. you don't come from the same culture
as I do, the internet is international but within it we still maintain our
cultural diversity and differences, The difference on emphasis on two
different sides of the atlantic is enormous and you cannot impose linguistic
hegemony the way in the manner of the Academie Francaise.

Apart from anything else if you go looking for things only in books, it is a
bit like looking at the sky through the reflections in ponds only. It
actually takes a while for words long in common use to get into dictionaries
or for what is happening now to get analysed and commented on in papers and
books.

Larry

are now located at: