Michael,

if you are interested in Foucauldian (and other philosophical) approaches to
the body, you should look forward to the interdisciplinary (and
counter-disciplinary) collection  _Foucault and the Government of
Disability_ (University of Michigan Press) which is forthcoming in the
Spring 2004 to coincide with the twentieth anniversary of Foucault's
unexpected and untimely death (June 25, 1984).  The publication will be too
late for your seminar, but worth exploring for your future studies.

The book is sure to cause a bit of a stir, not the least of all because
various authors in the book problematize and critically assess notions in
disability theory and activism (such as "inclusion," "community care," and
so on) that are taken for granted as "liberatory" and "progressive".

You might also be interested in a forthcoming paper I wrote on prenatal
testing and genetic counseling.  In the paper, which is entitled
"Anti-Realism, Bio-politics, and the Government of Impairment in Pregnancy,"
I critique prenatal testing and genetic counseling discourse, and I show why
the standard social model critiques of prenatal testing and screening made
by people like Gregor Wolbring and Mark Priestley ought not to be accepted.
This paper will appear in a collection entitled _Critical Disability Theory:
Legal and Policy Dimensions_, edited by Dianne Pothier and Richard Devlin.
Pothier and Devlin, eds. will be published by University of British Columbia
Press (UBC Press) probably later next year.

 Best regards,
Shelley Lynn Tremain