Greetings.

I'm writing this message to solicit volunteers to report local activities
related to Internationalization and Localization acitivity of DCMI
at the Internationalization session of DC-2003 in Seattle, USA on
Moday 29, 2003.  (The DC-2003 conference program is available at
http://www.ischool.washington.edu/dc2003/program.html.)

The internationalization session will be an excellent opportunity
to share local information and experiences by the global community.
I'd like to solicit volunteers, especially those from non-English
speaking regions, to present local activities. For example, topics are
not limited, but may include
 - national/regional standard for DCMES,
 - language and/or culture specific elements/vocabularies/application-profiles.

By now, I have volunteers from India, Japan (myself) Taiwan and China.
I'm thinking a few minutes presentation (at most 5 minutes)
by each speaker to report local activities.

If you are planning to attend DC-2003 and have interests in voluteering
a short presentation please contact me.

FYI: Summary table of local activities collected in 2002 is available
 at http://avalon.ulis.ac.jp/~sugimoto/DC-IL/translationsSummary.html.

Thank you,

Shigeo Sugimoto
Co-chair
DCMI Localizationa and Internationalization Interest Group

SUGIMOTO, Shigeo, Ph.D.
Professor
Research Center for Knowldge Communities
Institute of Library and Information Science
University of Tsukuba
postal address:  Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8550, JAPAN
phones: +81-29-859-1348(office), +81-29-859-1556 (lab.)
fax: +81-29-859-1093    email: [log in to unmask]