Hi Gerry

(sorry for cross-posting folks).

I am happy to say that JISC is actually on the ball with this one!
Creative Commons as a useful concept for UK HE and FE was investigated
at an IPR event organised by the JISC back in May.  Information about
the event can be found at:
http://www.jisc.ac.uk/index.cfm?name=project_event_ipr_may_03.  I would
recommend the Creative Commons presentation and the work of the RoMEO
project if you want to find out more (available on the event website).

As a result, a small working group has been established to take this
forward: http://www.jisc.ac.uk/index.cfm?name=ie_sharealike.  There are
some very specific issues with translating this for use in the UK,
specifically the difference between copyright law in the UK and the US,
which the group are looking at.

Susan Eales, the X4L programme manager is co-ordinating these efforts,
and I am merely acting as a proxy as I know that she is on her way to
Greece for Libraries Without Walls as we speak!  Which leaves me with
the question, why am I in London??  Sigh.

Can't really help with the football I'm afraid.

Nicole

Programme Manager

Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC) Office
King's College London
Strand Bridge House, 3rd Floor
138-142 Strand
London, WC2R 1HH
Direct tel: +44 (0)20 7848 1802

Mobile: 07734 058308
General office tel: +44 (0) 20 7848 2937
fax: +44 (0)20 7848 2939