HI Patrick,

My understanding is that you would not need a third party.  However, perhaps your UK operation do a study based upon PD0009: 1999, the compliance workbook for PD0008?

Regards,
Reynold.

> I'm in the midst of a bit of an internal squabble in our firm. Our
company is a US-based consultancy and benefits outsourcing firm with
fairly extensive operations in the UK. We make considerable use of
imaging technology and are trying to expand the use of our existing
imaging platforms with offices recently acquired. These recently
acquired offices feel that in-house imaging is not permissible under
BSi PD0008:1999 and feel that it is essential to utilize a third party
contractor who also maintains images in escrow.

I can't see where they draw this conclusion from. I've read and re-read
the standard and feel that our existing imaging system fully meets the
standard.

Has anyone out there fought this battle?

Patrick Cunningham, CRM <
Reynold Leming
Commercial Director
Mint Business Solutions Ltd
** Websites, Bespoke Database Systems and Document Management Services **
Failand House, 22 Newbridge Road, Bath, BA1 3JZ
Tel: 01225 311993
Email: [log in to unmask]
Corporate Url: http://www.mintsolutions.co.uk
Information Url: http://www.thedocumentsite.co.uk

'From Information to Innovation'
Bespoke database solutions to knowledge-enable your business
http://www.mintsolutions.co.uk/pages.asp?p=8