I have tried two techniques that are interactive. An information
scavenger hunt included scrambled words, quotations and cartoons as
clues. It was 50% fun and 50% real information. My personality fits with
this approach but it takes some time to get humourous items that fit
with the learning objectives. The other method involved case scenarios
and semi-directive (find the item that best fits) flow charts. This
approach lends itself to the EBP or variant of information gathering.

I also like the "sink or swim" approach, but the students are not as
fond of this approach compared to the others e.g. find ten
English-language references pertaining to exercise for the total knee
replacement patient and list 5 clinically relevant findings.

Murray

Murray E. Maitland PhD PT
University of South Florida
School of Physical Therapy