Van: John Willenbruch
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Verzonden: vrijdag 8 augustus 2003 8:08
Onderwerp: Re: spondylolisthesis!

I would agree that in a case where it appeared that if a person had a symptomatic discogenic problem and an asymptomatic spondylolisethesis limiting there extension would be unnecessary, and encouraging extension may even be advisable, but Nabil describes a situation with a symptomatic spondylolisethesis and no other pathology.  I don't really understand why you would advocate either a McKenzie assessment or promoting extension in treatment epecially when it is painful.

I may have got the wrong end of the sticvk from the abstract but isn't the extension treatment they talk about in Spratt et al a brace to prevent that movement rather than exercises to promote it?

Cheers,

John