The Catholic Encyclopedia has a very interesting
article on Mary's name
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15464a.htm
including a paragraph on the "Maris Stella"
appellation, one I've always found strange.
And beware the "field of stars" meaning of
"Compostela." I can't put my hands on the research now
(and don't have time to look), but I believe that
etymology has been debunked and the word "apostle" is
considered by many to be the root of the name.
However, it is a subject of mass confusion and debate.
MG