From: DEREK NEWSHAM
Sent
:
05 August 2003 11:02
To: JEAN PASSMORE
Subject: RE: Claiming achievement for Key Skills

Jean this is the extract from the addendum to the funding guidance that confirms that this info is correct.

Corrections,Additions and Replacement Text relating to Funding Guidance for Further

Education in 2002/03

Partial achievement in key skills addition to paragraph 77)

20 Partial achievement for key skills can be claimed where:

* the external assessement is achieved, or

* the portfolio has been successfully

completed (i.e. the evidence portfolio has been internally verified and externally moderated).

Each element attracts half of the full achievement funding.

21 The Council will be developing further guidance with regard to partial achievement of key skills qualifications and whether achievement of the external assessment may count towards the basic skills target.

We / you need to discuss with Len / Jeremy how we are going to collect the basic info about the number of modules/units in a qualification that will form the basis of any claim for partial achieveement which as you  are aware is now on a pro rate basis.

Iain is setting deadlines for the input of new learners, not sure how long this basic info can wait.

Derek

Derek