Please accept my apologies for any cross-postings.

Learning & Development at the Public Health Resource Unit in Oxford are
providing an 'Open' Critical Appraisal of Systematic Reviews Workshop for
you and/or your staff.

All Are Welcome!
If you are relatively new to the formal study of critical appraisal or would
like to refresh your existing knowledge then the following workshop would be
suitable for you.

Where:          Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust, Medical Academic
Unit, Broomfield Hospital, Court Road,
                Broomfield, Chelmsford, CM1 7ET

When:           Friday 19th September 2003; 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (with
lunch at 12:30 p.m.)

Cost:           £16900 per delegate

Systematic reviews are the most widely used evidence upon which to base
practice, but how can we be sure that the review has been carried out
rigorously, whether it is biased or included the 'right' type of primary
research?

The training will deliver the skills and resources to support clinical
governance, clinical effectiveness and increase public health capacity
leading to greater awareness of evidence-based practice in your team,
organisation or locality. The workshops also provide a great opportunity to
network with colleagues.

The deadline for Bookings is Thursday 4th September 2003.

For more information on the above workshop or to book a place, please
contact Michelle Talla on 01865 226968 or email her at

If you are unable to make the above date, but would still be interested in
attending, other dates have been set and can be found on our web-site:
www.phru.org.uk/learning

Visit the Learning and Development Web-site for Updates & Workshop
Information.
www.phru.org.uk/learning

and intended solely for the use of the person to whom they
are addressed . If you have received this email in error, you
should not distribute or copy this email but notify the sender
immediately by email that you have received the message by
mistake and delete the email from your system. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying,
distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited.