Andy,

Good suggestions. I am concerned about adding too many non-Dublin Core
based metadata standards. However, there should be related standards
somewhere, after all MARC was included in the vocabulary. If others feel
this is as good a place as anywhere, I would be more than happy to add
them in.

Zing, the enhanced Z39.50 should be included. Besides SRW, perhaps I
should also added the related COL, ZOOM ZeeRex, and ez3950.

 I will correct vcard to vCard.

Mary

Andy Powell wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Mary Woodley wrote:
>

>>The Dublin Core User Guide Committee has recently updated its
>>Glossary which will be linked to the new User Guide. The Committee
>>welcomes comments concerning the terms included prior to the glossary being
>>formally loaded to the Dublin Core Web site. The draft Glossary
>>includes new terms that reflect presentations and discussions of the DC
>>listservs. Feel free to recommend  terms not currently in the
>>Glossary that the Dublin Core Community, especially individuals who are
>>new to the metadata community,  would find useful. The Draft Glossary can
>>be viewed at:
>>
>>http://library.csun.edu/mwoodley/glossary.shtml
>>

>Good stuff...
>
>Note: vcard is almost always written vCard.
>
>Given that you have Z39.50 and OAI-PMH, shouldn't you also have
>
>SRW/SRU - http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/zing/srw/
>
>Also, how about
>
>Creative Commons - http://www.creativecommons.org/
>METS - http://www.loc.gov/standards/mets/
>MODS - http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/
>IMS - http://www.imsglobal.org/
>IEEE LOM - http://ltsc.ieee.org/wg12/
>Indecs - http://www.indecs.org/
>Onix - http://www.editeur.org/onix.html
>FOAF - http://www.foaf-project.org/
>PRISM - http://www.prismstandard.org/
>
>Regards,
>
>Andy
>--
>Distributed Systems, UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
>http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/a.powell/      +44 1225 383933
>Resource Discovery Network http://www.rdn.ac.uk/

Mary S. Woodley, Ph.D.
Collection Development Coordinator
California State University, Northridge
Northridge CA 91330-8328
voice (818) 677-2261 fax: (818) 677-4928