Re: Foucault and geography
Recent engagement with the governmentality approach in the "non-Anglo world", and by geographers, include:

*Michael Watts in the Singapore Journal of Tropical Geography (Volume 24: Issue 1, March 2003), with commentaries by JK Gibson-Graham, Marcus Power and others.

* Victoria A. Lawson  'Global Governmentality and Graduated Sovereignty: national belonging among poor migrants in Ecuador' in the Scottish Geographical Journal, 118(3), 2003.

*Katharine Rankin on the government of development via microcredit in Economy and Society, 30(1), 2001.

And while not capital G geographers, a cluster of anthropologists at Berkeley are working in a very geographically sensitive way via "critical ethnographies of globalization and governmentality".  A summary link is here: http://anthropology.berkeley.edu/government.html#OVERVIEW.  Needless to say the Berkeley Geog links are obvious here.   I am enjoying reading some of their work for they grapple with methodological issues in a very direct way.

Thanks for all the recent input on this list...I am enjoying (and learning from) the messages.

Kris

--
Kris Olds