Apologies if everyone out there is already familiar with this, but I have just come across a report 'Cultural Tourism Strategy for Wales' published fairly recently (some time in 2003) by the Welsh Tourist Board.  It is significant that there is no mention of record office/archive services among the many attractions for the cultural tourist in Wales, or of family history research as a reason for visiting Wales. It might be a useful opportunity for us to raise our profile with this sector. (I shall be writing on behalf of SOA Wales).

Rosemary Boyns