Dear All,

I am hoping the collective expertise of this list might be able to solve a
problem for me.  In Schneyer's Repertorium he lists a certain sermon by
John of Essone in BNF Lat 16499, fols 194v-195v to Louis IX.  The hand is
quite messy. The saint is NOT, however, Louis (Ludovicus), but another
saint, whom I can't identify.

The saint is called somethign like LANDRICUS. The scribe/author
consistently abbreviates his name.  Lad'ci / Lad'cus / Lad'9 (=us), etc.,
depending upon the part of speech.  In all cases the "a" comes with a
suspension over it.  So, something like Landricus, or Landercus. But I
cannot place such a saint; having perused through the Oxford dictionary of
saints, and the like.

If any body is inspired as to whom this might be, I would be quite
grateful.

thanks in advance,
Cecilia Gaposchkin

to: [log in to unmask]