Subject:        10-month Post at Leicester

Below I have posted the details of a 10-month position in the Department of Geography at Leicester. The job is suited to an invidiual who has just finished or is about to finish their PhD. While the intent of the post is to provide teaching cover, there will also be time set aside for research-related activites.

Apologies for cross-lisitings

Mike Bradshaw

Department of Geography
University of Leicester

Lecturer A in Human Geography (10 month appointment)
Available 1 September 2003 – 30 June 2004

This appointment will be on the first point of the Lecturer A scale i.e. £22,191 per annum, pro-rata

Ref: A5579

As a consequence of Dr John Round being awarded an ESRC Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, applications are invited for a Lecturer A in Human Geography.  The successful applicant will be required to be in post by mid-September 2003 and the duration of the post is to the end of June 2004. We are seeking to appoint a Human Geographer to teach in the areas of urban and/or cultural and/or economic geography. Additional teaching duties will be agreed with the Head of Department.

Time will also be allocated for research and a willingness to contribute to the Department’s research activities is also a requirement. Further details on our current research activity can be found on the Department’s web site: www.geog.le.ac.uk/research

Informal Enquiries

Enquiries about the post should be made to Professor Mike Bradshaw at [log in to unmask] or on 0116 2525245.

Downloadable application forms and further particulars are available from www.le.ac.uk/personnel/jobs or from the Personnel Office, tel: 0116 252 5114, fax: 0116 252 5140, email: [log in to unmask] Please note that CVs will only be accepted in support of a fully completed application form.
Closing date: Friday 8 August 2003
Promoting equality of opportunity throughout the University