-----Original Message-----
From: Accident and Emergency Academic List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dunn Matthew Dr. (RJC)
ACCIDENT & EMERGENCY - SwarkHosp-TR
Sent: 01 July 2003 09:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Scary rumour

> So Matthew Cooke from Warwick says it will never happen and Matthew
> Dunn from Warwick has been trialling the idea. Any comment from
> Alistair Campbell?

Not trialling, considering. Offered money if we could do it and maintain
it, but I don't think it was ever intended to be generalised to other
departments- and I think it was a local rather than a national
initiative. Conclusion that it is possible but expensive. Consistent
with 'not going to happen'. Politicians would like a 2 hour target, they
wouldn't like tax rises. Mind you, I don't know if other departments are
in the same situation as us. If so, and one or more of them trials it
and manages, then who knows what target we'll be set in the long term.
(And the next stage might be to offer money to departments hitting the 2
hours if they can hit a 1 hour target. And the next stage etc.)

Matt Dunn

This email has been scanned for viruses by NAI AVD however we are unable
to accept responsibility for any damage caused by the contents. The
opinions expressed in this email represent the views of the sender, not
South Warwickshire General Hospitals NHS Trust unless explicitly stated.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender.