In article <20030728225813.BPLY25721.mta01-svc.ntlworld.com@[10.137.100.
61]>, Danny McGeehan <[log in to unmask]> writes
>The biggest cause in my experience is the difficulty in access to primary
>medical care.  I'm seeing cases that a few years ago would have been
>unacceaptable.  The thin edge of the wedge was chest pains and telling them to
>truck up to A&E.  It was not adequately resourced.  Now they are nearly all told
>to roll up.

I remember in the UK the reason often given by folks with injuries
presenting to me in primary care (often late, and reasonably often OOH)
was that they didn't want to wait in A+E

I should probably have spent more time bleating about this on GP-UK  ;-)

Divided we fall....

Cheers
--
Jel Coward

http://www.wildmedic.org
http://www.wemsi.org

'There's no such thing as bad weather - just bad  clothing"
                                                Anon Norwegian