        That's interesting: we are suffering from the same troubles in
Cambridge with our Worker Node running RedHat 7.3 with exactly the same diagnostic:

Abort for the same kind of Failure, with an intermediate Fail state
where the failure reason is :
"Job Fail Reason        =    Cannot read JobWrapper output, both from
Condor and from Maradona."

I have not tried to look at the direct submission though.
Will have a look.

                Best regards,
                                Frederic